MHUG (Multimedia and Human Understanding Group) is a research group of the Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Trento, Italy. The main research interests of MHUG relate to the investigation and implementation of new techniques in the fields of computer vision and multimedia.
In computer vision, we address a large spectrum of themes including human-behavior analysis, action recognition, 2D/3D object detection, large-scale event detection and video analysis, etc.
In multimedia, our research focuses on three aspects: multimedia information retrieval, social signals processing and affective computing. The specific research topics include cross media retrieval, multi-modal learning, social media analysis, emotion recognition, multimodal brain-computer interfaces, etc.
- Sep. 15, 2015: Call for papers: TPAMI special issue on learning with shared information for computer vision and multimedia analysis (see details).
- Aug. 31, 2015: We have three papers accepted by ICCV 2015 (see details). Congratulations to Mihai, Sergey and Yan!
- Jul. 05, 2015: We have three papers accepted by ACM Multimedia 2015 (see details). Congratulations to Xavi, Andreza and Jingkuan!
- Mar. 02, 2015: We have two papers accepted by CVPR 2015 (see details). Congratulations to Jingkuan and Davide!
- Sep.17, 2014: Our paper “Money walks: A human-centric study on the economics of personal mobile data” receives a Best Paper Award from Ubicomp 2014;
- Sep. 12, 2014: ECCV 2016 will be held in Amsterdam, Netherland and Nicu will serve as a program chair.
- Find more news and events here.