MHUG (Multimedia and Human Understanding Group) is a research group at the University of Trento, Italy. The main interests of MHUG are focusing on the investigation and implementation of new techniques in the fields of computer vision and multimedia computing.
In computer vision, we seek to develop effective algorithms that are expected be used to replicate one of the most amazing capabilities of the human brain-inferring properties to partially perceive the external visual world, including various tasks such as action recognition, 2D/3D object detection, large-scale event detection and video analysis.
In multimedia computing, our research focuses on three aspects: multimedia information retrieval, social computing and affective computing. The specific research topics include cross media retrieval, multi-modal learning, social media analysis and emotion detection, etc.
- Aug. 01, 2015: The new website of our group is online;
- Jul. 05, 2015: We have three papers accepted by ACM Multimedia 2015 (see details). Congratulations to Xavi, Andreza and Jingkuan!
- Mar. 02, 2015: We have two papers accepted by CVPR 2015 (see details). Congratulations to Jingkuan and Davide!
- Sep.17, 2014: Our paper “Money walks: A human-centric study on the economics of personal mobile data” receives a Best Paper Award from Ubicomp 2014;
- Sep. 12, 2014: ECCV 2016 will be held in Amsterdam, Netherland and Nicu will serve as a program chair.
- Aug. 28, 2014: Our paper “Clustered multi-task linear discriminant analysis for view invariant color-depth action recognition” receives an IBM Best Student Paper Award from ICPR 2014.
- May. 01, 2014: Three Ph.D. positions of our lab are available, The information of the application can be found here.